Monday, July 17, 2006

Visitors, Wine Tasting, and More!!

This past week has been pretty busy around Hillsboro. Allen was in town from Wednesday through Saturday to pick out a place to live. After scoping out a bunch of different places, he followed in Apurva's footsteps and decided to join Janel and I at Creekside. He will be living approximately 10 seconds from us (door to door). Now I just have to get him to carpool with us at 7:00AM :).


Laura also came out to Portland with her mother to visit some relatives as well as Janel and I. We went wine tasting with them down by Newburg on Saturday afternoon. It is beautiful country down there -- I think that I like it more than Napa. However, I still think that I am a bigger fan of Cali. wines. Apparently this is Pinot Noir country -- and I am not a huge Pinot Noir fan, but wine tasting is still always a good time. We had one wine that has been served at the White House. I imagine the Bush's have exceptional wine pallets.


Sunday we took a trip out to see Ramona Falls, a popular hike near Mt. Hood, and drove up to Timberline Lodge. It was a good hike (I will write more about this later and show some pictures as well) ... but Timberline was actually pretty disappointing. This is the lodge where "The Shining" was filmed (specifically ... the outside of the movie ... the inside was done somewhere else).


One interesting tidbit of information that I came across today: They will be reopenning the trail that goes to the top of Mt. St. Helens in a couple of days. That should be an exciting/fun hike for the near future :).

No comments: