Sunday, August 13, 2006

Camping @ Toll Gate

This weekend we went camping at Toll Gate, a campground at the foot of Mt. Hood near Zigzag, OR with Jason, Lynn, William, and Apurva. It is a small campground with about 14 sites, most of which are just feet from a small river. Our site was across the road from the river, which was a good thing since we had a mobile 1.5 year old William to keep watch over. After a good dinner of brats and dogs, we went through a couple of bundles of wood at the fire. At around 11:30 Janel and Apurva and I headed up to Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge to try to catch the Perseid Meteor Shower (a yearly shower that I like to watch). Sadly, the shower was not all that great. The moon was pretty bright, but I am not sure why we did not see more shooting stars. The next day we planned to do a hike, but I forgot my boots and did not want to risk hurting my toe, as I will be heading out to Mt. Rainier on Thursday nite. So ... we just headed home. Our next trip will be to Crater Lake ... and probably the Coast after that.

No comments: