Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Lazy Labor Day

I had a nice lazy labor day weekend. Originally Janel and I were planning to take a trip out to Crater Lake for Labor Day...but Janel decided that she needed the weekend to get ready for school. She meant it. I think she worked like 80% of the entire weekend. Teachers may get done with class @ 2:30 ... but I know that they sure put in a lot more time than most of us (for a lot less money).


Friday night we had a little "party" with Allen, Shelley, Michelle, and Derek. For the first time, we had enough people to play Cranium! It is good to finally have friends :P. We also played a bit of a new game that Derek and Michelle introduced us to -- San Juan. Janel and Allen and I have been playing it a lot lately. It is another German game (if you are familiar with Settlers) and I would highly recommend it. It has a good amount of strategy ... but not too much thinking (I do enough of that at work).


We had Shelley, Pablo, and Allen over for a BBQ on Monday. It was good to see Pablo again. Not much else to say about that :).


Not sure if any of you follow this sort of thing, but Intel announced some major layoffs today. This has been underway for a good three months now. Welcome to the tech industry :). Oh well ... I think that I am in good shape and according to my manager I have nothing to be worried about. Hopefully this is true ... only time will tell. I only know two things: (1) this will not be the last of these layoffs that I ever have to go through and (2) whatever happens -- it is not the end of the world :).

No comments: