Friday, October 20, 2006

Decemberists Concert

I saw the Decemberists play this past Wednesday at the Crystal Ballroom with a coworker of Janel's. It was a very interesting concert. The band is made up of 6 people, each of which seems to play 3 different instruments (not at the same time) including electric guitars, violins, bases (both the guitar variety and the giant string instrument), piano, acordian, al sorts of percussion, and more. It was a lot different than the punk/emo concerts that I attended so many of during my younger years. It was a much older crowd (the 21+ section was much larger than the all-ages section) and the band was probably one of the most musically talented bands I have ever seen in concert. Anyway ... I would highly recommend getting a copy of their new album, The Crane Wife (as well as their previous albums).

No comments: