Sunday, September 9, 2007

Nutrition

I found some cool software online for tracking your diet. It i called cron-o-meter. You basically type in what you eat and it gives you how well you are doing across the board (vitamins, minerals, carbs, fats, etc). The webpage makes it sound like it is for people that are dieting (which I clearly am not) ... but there is nothing in the software that is really "diet"-focussed.


I am going to try using it for a feel weeks to get my diet in better order. Give it a shot. You can download it and read more about it here.


Update: Ever think about starting to buy organic foods? Janel and I already spend a large percentage of our weekly grocery bill on fresh produce, so I am not sure if I am going to dive into organc foods yet ... but my Mom sent me this webpage that ranks produce based on how much pesticide is used (as well as how people normally wash the food). So, if you are thinking of switching to some organics -- this shows where you might want to start. Peaches, apples, and bell peppers are the worst ...


Update2: Sain mentioned selecting seafood based on it's sustainability. You can read about what you should eat depending on where you live here.

No comments: