Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weddings

We were back in Chicago at the beginning of July for a couple of weddings. First we had Katie McFadden's wedding out at Notre Dame. It was a good time. Rohini and Steve were there, and it was great to catch up with Rohini and spend some more time getting to know Steve.


Here is a photo of Janel and Ro.





And a photo of Ian and Steve, holding the girl's purses :P.





During the week we spent some time with family and friends. Got to see Megan and Trevor ... played some risk with Bober, Jim, and Matt. Good times :). Janel was busy with all sorts of stuff for Rohini's wedding...Bachelorrette party, Sangeet, Rehearsal Dinner, and more.


Saturday we had a couple of weddings. It was chaos (for me at least). Janel's day was a bit less chaotic as she was in Rohini's wedding. I started out the day at Rohini's Catholic ceremony. Then I went to Jeff's wedding. Then to Rohini's Hindu ceremony, which was a lot different than your traditional Christian ceremony.


Here is a photo of Janel and I at Ro's wedding. Janel got to wear a sari :).





After this I headed on over to Jeff's reception for a couple of hours. This was a lot of fun -- I got to catch up with a lot of old friends from LT/UIUC. After dinner I headed on back to Rohini's ceremony. This too was a lot of fun. We had a nice mix of American dance music and Hindi music which was a lot of fun. I had to be good and not drink (much at least) because I had an early flight to London the next morning.

No comments: